Wednesday

Oh, wow.  Just finished reading A Dog's Purpose.  Story is all told by the dog(s).  It is actually the story of only one dog who keeps getting reincarnated 3 times.  The story is a little banal at first, but the last half is incredible.  I went through at least a dozen tissues.  So beautiful.  Better than Marley and Me.

I have a neighbor that used to work in a library.  She has often recommended books to me.  I brought her up the book I just finished.  A week ago she told me she had read the reviews and it looked really good.  I handed it to her and she told me it wasn't a book that really interested her.  Huh?  Talk about your mixed messages.  She also doesn't understand why I buy books and don't just go to the library.  I feel like books are good friends that you can pull out and read again.  When I get  a book I read it voraciously, then the next time I read it, I do it more slowly and capture what I missed the first time.  I don't think she has ever read a book twice.  When I find a story that touches me, I will read it again.  I love to do that.  Books are old friends to me.  Always have been.  But it feels like because I suggested the book, it is not worth reading.  My friends are way to draining.

One more day until the weekend.  Tomorrow is supposed to be 113 deg/f/44c.  Mother nature has gone insane.

Boss gave me the most mind-numbing job to do.  I went through over 300 student transcripts and put the required info into an excel spreadsheet.  I think my brains started to leak out my ears.

Still really hot here.  I started taking Kayla for an extra walk at 7 just because it is a little cooler.  I have 7 fans going in my house, not helping much.  I really regret not having A/c at times like this, but I don't feel it is worth getting for the few weeks we have this kind of weather.  It usually is only really bad for a week or 2, then it evens out.  Not worth the couple of hundred for a machine.



Have a great evening/day, my friends.

TTFN

Comments

Julie M said…
I have just ordered this book from Fishpond and I can't wait to read it. I'm like you Belinda, I read books over and over and also movies. You pick up on all the little things when you do this. I have books from my childhood that I cherish. Milly, Molly, Mandy books that I have had since I was 8 or 9. It is good that you have holidays now what with the weather being so hot. Electricity is very expensive here so it is not only the initial layout for the machine but the cost to run it. Enjoy your day/evening.
Julie M said…
Only 88 days now wow.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday

Sunday

Monday