Sunday

Ahhh, work tomorrow.  I really don't do well with so much time off.  Turns out, on top of Kayla having those lumps, she also pulled a muscle yesterday.  The next few days of rest are going to be good for her.  We are keeping a low profile today, just taking it easy with slow walks.

It is evening here now.  A thunder storm is brewing outside.  Hear the thunder, but no rain yet.

Spoke to a neighbor earlier.  People amaze me.  Eleven years ago, we had a bad fire in the building next to us.  I had to be out of my apartment for 2 months.  Mostly water damage.  Anyhow, my neighbor was saying how she smelled smoke last night, looked out her window and saw a garbage bag on fire, kids playing with matches.  She said she saw a person from the next building out with his dog, so she didn't do anything.  When I asked why she didn't call the fire department, she said the kids would have been long gone by the time they arrived.  I told her they would have got a description from the other person and possibly caught the kids.  She was so vocal after the fire, although there was no damage to her apartment.  Why would someone not report it?  She's the kind of person that likes to complain but doesn't do anything to stop or help the problem.  We have had this once before where kids set a recycling bin on fire and she called me to tell me about it.  I called the fire department and they came, caught the kids and gave them a good lecture after calling their parents.  She didn't want to get involved.  I don't know why it still amazes me!

Nothing else much happening today.  Really hot and humid so everyone feels a little sluggish.  I think it will be an early night.  Hope everyone has a great week.

P.S. a couple of hours later, there is the most fantastic lightening show going on.  And every so often we are getting the most horrendous thunder.  Really cool.


TTFN

Comments

ocelot_eyes said…
That must be frustrating.. there are people that will just complain and complain and not actually lift a finger to do something :(
Good on you for reacting and calling the fire department.

~Nadya
Julie M said…
I have neighbours like that. They will never complain because they are worried there may be some repercussions for them. So they put up with whatever it is and just make a lot of noise about it to everyone else in the street.

Julie M

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday

Sunday

Monday