Thursday

I have been so remiss about writing this week.  Not much has been happening.  Have all my packing done, and I think I have kept within my weight limit.  A little over 3 weeks left.  Wow, from April when it was 6 months to now with a little over 3 weeks.  Time is suddenly flying by.

Tried to find where to get some Kenya Shillings before I go so I have a little cash on hand when I get there.  Apparently there is no place in Montreal to get them.  One place I called only had about $15. worth.  I checked with the airport where I land and there is an exchange place open 24 hours, so I can change my money when I get there.

I think I have done a smart thing.  I know that to buy anything, bargaining is expected.  I can't do that.  I am extremely shy, and when there is the poverty added in, I just don't feel right bargaining.  So I asked someone I know there to help me find someone I can hire to go shopping with me.  I am hoping they can do the bargaining for me.

I am so looking forward to my private visit after seeing Anne-Marie's photos.  I really am having a hard time containing myself.  Got Hennie's extra ele bracelets to get blessed by the babies.  I have so much stuff for them, I am getting a little nervous about how to get it all to them.  Wow.  First real vacation in my life.  I don't do anything by half measures.  I just know when I see the babies, I am going to break down and blubber like an idiot.  Don't care though.  It is going to be amazing.

I guess people are getting kind of sick of me talking about this all the time.  It is just so new to me, and I am so looking forward to it.  It is going to be a blast.  The time of my life.  But more than that, the friends I have made are so incredible.  This is what I have been looking for for so long.  My next project is to get together with as many of them as I can.  That will be the ultimate joy of my life. 

Anyhow, enough dreaming for tonight.  Have a great Friday/weekend my friends.  You mean more to me than you can imagine.

TTFN

Comments

Julie M said…
24 days, it is going to fly. We have never had any trouble with exchanging money at airports so I expect you will be just fine. I have trouble believing you are extremely shy, we all seem to communicate pretty well. Maybe it would be different if we actually met, we may be at a loss for words. I think having someone to help with the bargaining is a good idea, I do hope they won't charge you for it though. I am also so glad you plan to do the private visit, I think it is probably the very best option. You don't want to have gone all that way and come away disappointed at all. What are these bracelets like, I haven't seen them, they sound lovely. I'm not sick of hearing you talk about it, I love it, please keep it up. I hope you aren't on a downer when you return, but then you will have all your memories and photos. Take lots of them won't you, lots and lots. Friday evening here 9.33 pm and Ross hasn't arrived as yet, hope he does soon as I am weary and want to sleep even though I want to see and talk to him. Not much on this week end so plenty of time to catch up. Taking Jackie to the vet tomorrow. When she was two she had a bit of kennel cough, even though she had been vacinated for it regularly. Sometimes during the cooler months she coughs, she has been the last couple of weeks and it is not getting any better. She has always had all her needles, she must just have a weakness to this sort of thing. Seeing as I am going north next week up to Gunnedah and then to Kingscliff with her in the car I want to have her checked out before hand. We have taken her to the vets when we have been at Laurens on previous occasions though. Lauren is in Vietnam at the moment, long e-mail from her today. She is with two other girl friends and they are enjoying themselves. Going up to the bay (Shoal Bay) on Sunday to do some work at the unit for a few hours. The weather is not predicted to be pleasant, big southerly change this afternoon and very cool now, a welcome relief from the rather hot 30 deg day today. Don't dream about your next adventure (Australia) I hope it will come to fruitation. Love Julie, talk over the week end. xx
Belinda said…
Thanks, Julie. I will probably come back with over 1,000 pictures. Glad I am not boring you. Sounds like Lauren is having a good time. Poor Jackie. You are right, she is probably susceptible to the cough, Hopefully it will go away soon.

Too bad you have to do work on the unit. Would be nice to just go and relax for the day. But the work never ends.

Tried to put a pic of the wristband on here, but it won't go. I will put it on the blog.

Have a good rest, dear. Talk to you when you get back.

xoxo

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday

Sunday

Monday