Saturday

Not a lot going on today.  Laundry, cleaning.  I think I have my bags packed, at least the ones for the Trust.  Just making the weight limit of 50 lbs.  A lot of stuff.  To tell the truth, I have also packed my clothes.  Now that Summer is over, I washed all my clothes I intend to bring and packed them up.  So I am all set.  30 days left.  Yeah!

Am getting a little  disillusioned with the group I have set up on FB.  We had a great group going, but some real weirdos have joined.  I can't really just kick them out.  I am not a dictatorial type.  But there is a lot of disturbing stuff being posted.  Makes me ill.  I am not trying to hide my head in the sand or anything like that.  But I am the type that won't even watch the news.  I keep up with headlines, but it is depressing enough living day to day without having to watch more every night.

I will just keep focusing on seeing my babies soon.  I am also getting excited about the possibility of us all meeting up in a single place.  Oz would be incredible.  All of my life, I have only wanted to go to both Africa and Australia.  If I do both, I will have fulfilled my lifelong dream.

Had a very nice dinner with Greg and Allie last night.  They are so perfect for each other.  She is such a sweetheart.  And her family likes Greg too.  That is a bonus.  I hope they really get together at some point.

Anyhow, just watching National Treasure.  I like Nicholas Cage.  That's about it for tonight.  As usual, Saturday and I have nothing much to do.  Have a great rest of the weekend, my friends. 

TTFN

Comments

Julie M said…
Your saturday is the same as mine. Cleaning and laundry. Ross arrives home every Friday evening with all his dirty clothes, sheets and towels from the week. Why not pack your clothes, I like to be organised, hate it when I'm not. Only 29 days now, the countdown is really on now. Yeah know what you mean about the group, few weirdos have joined, not sure what you can do about it though. Just keep conversing with the people we feel comfortable with. Kenya is soon and I really hope you can come to Australia in a couple of years. Do you know what you would like to see here? I haven't been to the outback and Ross would love to see it and the Kimberleys other than that we have seen most of the country. Not right up North of Queensland or WA either but most of the rest. It is a rather widespread country. Must go to bed or I won't be up in time in the morning. Stay happy and safe, Love Julie xxx
Belinda said…
Oh, Julie. The outback sounds incredible. Would love to see that. I hear Ayer's Rock is closed to people now. But Sydney sounds wonderful too. Just googled the Kimberleys. Wow. Looks amazing.

Yes, will just keep conversing with my friends that I feel comfortable with. I will sign petitions and share them, but I am not a big activist.

Hope you have a nice time on the trip tomorrow (today). You stay safe too. Hugs to you and Sienna.

Kive Belinda.
Julie M said…
If you want to visit the outback you need to go in July otherwise the temperatures and the flies are just too draining. I don't have any real desire to go out there, this will sound bad but it is just a big rock in the ground. Whereas other parts of the country appeal to me more. Have a look at the Great Ocean Road and the 12 Apostles in Victoria I have been there about four times now and just love the area. Western Australia is glorious so is Tasmania. Closer to home there is so much to do in Sydney around the harbour and it is lovely. Only an 1 1/2 trip down the freeway, you can go for the day and then come home. We are lucky to live so close to so much here on the east coast where I am. Lauren is closer to Queensland and again so central to so many many wonderful sights. This all makes it much cheaper. A lot of people who come here are surprised of the distances between attractions. People retire here and take 12 months to go around Australia in a caravan. The Kimberleys I would love to see, maybe we could if you come out. Love to you my friend. xox

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday

Sunday

Monday