What a world.

Just posted this in a reply to a friend and thought it would make a good rant for the day.

I really think we are living in a "me" world. Most people care about nothing but themselves. I see it all the time. In Canada, there is all this recycling message going around, get rid of water in bottles, and then I go to the canal and all I see are plastic water bottles and plastic bags floating in the water. Garbage everywhere. Yet everyone is concerned about the environment. Tell me another one.  At work, in our classroom, we have separate bins for recycling, clearly marked for paper, plastic, etc.  Nobody pays attention.  They just do what they want.

People are self-righteous because they use their bikes instead of cars, but don't follow the rules of the road and will run over you rather than give way.  They seem to believe they have an entitlement because they are helping the environment by cycling.  They gear themselves up in all kinds of fancy outfits and other gear like helmets, gloves, etc.  I don't care how much safety equipment you have on, if you don't follow the rules of the road and a car hits you, you are going to get hurt.

Many people feel that everybody should conform to what they want, not what is good or right.  I am not saying it is everyone, there are some fantastic people trying to make a change, but the majority seem to fall in the other category.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday

Sunday

Monday