Tuesday

Busy weekend trying to get some cleaning done.  A losing battle.  I no sooner do the dusting then there is dog and cat hair all over.  Frustrating.  But that is life with animals.

Got a little ticked off with my boss today.  She is a wonderful lady, and great at getting stuff done,  but she is a micro-manager.  I went on vacation for a week once and came back and she had rearranged my office.  She is a bit of a neat freak, too.  Or maybe it's a minimalist.  Whichever, no respect for anyone else's space.  Anyhow, the problem started when I had to do the scheduling for next year.  At first, she didn't understand why I had to contact people who had proposed courses.  She just wanted me to schedule them.  I explained we always asked people's preferences on when they wanted to teach. 

Got most of the scheduling done, but for one person.  Gave her about 5 different time slots that were available, but of course she wanted a time slot outside of that.  So I happened to say to my boss that the person was driving me crazy.  My boss got in a huff, saying part-timers are not paid very well, blah, blah and we should be as accommodating as possible to them.  I told her that saying they were driving me crazy was my way of venting, but I was accommodating to them.  Didn't mention about her not even wanting me to contact them in the first place.

Oh, well.  My bosses change every 3 or 6 years, depending on the length of their agreements.  I get one broken in and have to start all over again :-)  All in all, though, she is really good to work for.  And, she helped the eles. 

The rest of the week should prove interesting.  Have a great rest of week, my friends.

TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday

Sunday

Monday