I am so conflicted right now. Maybe it is empty nest syndrome, I don't know. 

This Christmas, I spent a couple of hours with the family, had breakfast, opened presents. It was nice. But I didn't even decorate, no tree, nothing. Nobody was coming over, so why bother. My friends have died or moved away. FB is crappy, nobody is posting much anymore. The friends I still have are dealing with their own issues. So I, of course, am alone again. Seems like I have always been. 

I know my son has his own life now, that's as it should be. However they spend more time with her family than with me. He has always wanted a big family, now he has one. But it seems I am not part of it. They did include me for a while, which was nice and appreciated, and I understand they are not under any obligation to include me. So they haven't for the past few years. So I spend most of Christmas, and will spend New Year, on my own. I was hoping I could be friends with the in-laws, but doesn't seem possible. They are polite, but....

I tried calling my son one night, and most of the conversation was him yawning. He is 20 years younger than me, for crying out loud. If I stop over, Cassie is on her tablet and hardly says 2 words to me. Wow. 

I have always been on my own, don't rely on anyone. Too many have let me down. I know I sound pathetic, but just had to vent. For some reason it is hitting me harder this year. Maybe because of all the crap happening at work. That I can't control. Seems I can't control my life either. 

Oh well. Them's the breaks. You can't always get what you want! This is how I feel, at the moment. My feelings are valid. I don't want pity, I just want recognition and respect. Not too much to ask. I have always done the best I could. I will keep doing that. 

Merry Christmas, everyone. Happy and safe New Year. May you be healthy, happy and all your dreams come true.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday

Sunday

Tuesday